Hi there, thanks for visiting my site.
This "secret" feature was primarily developed for my close friends. It is
essentially a back door that reveals my "digital darkroom" process.
Originally, I did not plan it to be a feature for the public. However,
since the inception of my site, I have understood two very important things:
1. I like to consider everyone who vists my site a friend, in which
case, I can share "secrets".
2. I realise that the driving force behind my photoblog is
compositing, a skill which I employ daily. I enjoy to push images as far
as possible, to find and emphasize the beauty of them.I like to add
to them, manipulate them. Basically, I just like to create and see where
I can take them. By including my "before and after" feature, it really
adds a level of interactivity to my images, allowing viewers to share in
a new visual experience. I hope it gives you new, good feelings.
It is my pleasure to explain this to you.
* Roll your cursor over my last name "Kolobov",
located bottom left of the page. The last name will be in red color.
* Wait a few seconds for the "before" image to load and you will see
the original image shot by the camera.
* Roll cursor away to see altered image again.
- Note that I implemented this feature after the site had been up for a
while so most of the early images do not have this feature, in this case last name will be not in red color.
- Being first I always receive a question if photobloggers can add this feature to their site.
YES! Feel free about using this idea on your site. Will be nice to recieve a credit. :-)
For everybody who would like to add this feature:
My friend Karin posted a great tutorial with a script download at Pixepost Forum.